Thursday, January 20, 2011






I do hope that you are enjoying the post on my blog from week to week. Like I have said in previous post, it is not as important what I write as it is obviously the rare illustrations that make this blog unique..I would like to add a word of further explanation here. When I read that Google had created Blogger I immediately thought that this would be an excellent way to offer everyone an access to the images in the collection . Please let me say that I am very satisfied with the program, and that I will continue to post. I haven't forgotten that I did say that I would also show photographs of some of the effigy stones, this is taking longer than I anticipated, but eventually there will be those illustrations as well.

Not all of us see the same reality, sometimes what we see is the product of our individual development or possibility our personal preparation. Education does prepare us for understanding and appreciating the Arts. When an individual works and acquires advanced degrees, we should all seek to honor and serve that person by accounting and posting our personal studies when we honestly feel that a truth of worth has been found. I do feel that this is the case here, that The Collection Of Indigenous American Art is an unusual collection of works, and that placing some of these works on public view is in order.

You can contact me at ciaamuseum@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment