Thursday, October 20, 2011

Art Old and New!







A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that the Pacific Standard Time exhibition is currently taking place. There are many groups involved in this large Los Angeles based organization. One of the contributing sources is the Tamarind Institute. This art school was founded in Los Angeles in the 1960's, later it became a part of the campus of the University of New Mexico at Albuquerque. The focus of the Tamarind Institute is the teaching of the fine art of Lithographic printing, with a Master of Fine Arts degree as the successful students goal. There is a web site with a print gallery where visitors can brows the works of students past and present. I was very impressed, I think that the University of New Mexico is by all means living up to its reputation as one of the best art departments in the country.

I have been very busy in the last couple of months. This has caused me to fall behind somewhat, I am in the process of moving the art studio to a new location. Because of this difficulty I have only prints again this week! I will live up to my promise to show more effigy stones and unset jewelry stones. There are many miniature sculptures that I know that you will like, so please bare with me as I try to catch up. Once again, Thank You for viewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment