Thursday, February 17, 2011







As we look at the new prints each week it is sometimes difficult to realize that the images have come from stone plates that are very likely better than 250 years old. I tell people that if I had been told about this art form, I would have doubted that it could exist. I do think that the images are very modern in appearance and, that it is shocking to see art work of such quality engraved on such small plates.

I do not correct or alter the images. I should point out that many of the stones have been damaged. I make no attempt to repair anything. Once again I post the images for those who understand and appreciate the opportunity to see rare graphics that are totally new to the art world. At the time that this blog publishes I am the only person that has viewed the selected prints.

Before I began this blog, I searched the internet looking for art work like I had become accustom to. I found nothing that resembled these images, so I decided to show what I have found. I hope that you will continue to visit this blog and that you enjoy the new prints!

No comments:

Post a Comment