Thursday, March 17, 2011







Before I begin this post, please let me welcome you to the CIAA blog. My name is Larry McCarty I am Your host. At this time the Earthquake in Japan and the chaos that it has caused is disturbing to us all as a World Community. The Japanese people are in great need of our help. It is our opportunity to be of service to our friend. Every individual can contribute to this act of goodwill, by remembering this nation in our thoughts, prayers, and meditations.

I would like to explain in this writing that my focus is oriented toward the images as an art form. While I would like to know more about the people that created this art, when they lived, their customs and beliefs, my work is the attempt to reprint the the stone plate as clearly as possible. The pictorial image is in it's self an important part of the puzzle of who, where, and when. I believe that if my job is done properly the images will speak well for themselves and that the attention of all that view will follow.

Once again, I would point out that I try to post several prints a week. This is to give you the opportunity to see more of the work. Some of the examples are damaged or worn. I should also note that many are very old. One of the things that I have learned from these rocks, is that there is truth in the adage, “Written in stone”, What is scribed in stone endures.

No comments:

Post a Comment