Thursday, March 3, 2011







I have been reminded in the last few weeks how easy that it is to loose track of your work and that quite often we do not even recognize our own work when we see it! I have been busy and it has been a cold winter. I have been learning to operate a computer as an art tool and I might add that I am astounded at how much art can be created in just a few days. The output of digital art programs lies in the fact that any good art work can become a continuous evolution of many finished states. Many separate works are the result. Once the images are stored we forget that many of them exist at all.

I have also experienced this same reality in my work on the indigenous art collection. When I look back at the prints that were created a few weeks ago it takes awhile for me to recognize many of the prints. I have to restudy the image and reacquaint myself with the particular piece. So, if you have trouble with some of these images, I admit, so do I!

By all means these prints are an age old teaching and learning tool. It does help to print them out and place the copies in view where you can study them and enjoy the art treasure that they are. Should you draw in that missing eye? Well, its your work, I don't see why not!

Contact Larry McCarty...


870-639-3307

No comments:

Post a Comment