Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A womans work is never done!







I want you to understand that I do repeat myself often! I think that it is inevitable that I will have to do that in a blog of this type. So this week I will take the liberty of doing just that as I once again point out that most of the art shown here was created by women. In addition to that truth, I would also add that the best of these works were almost for certain the work of women artist. Life was hard for a woman in the indigenous society. Men were gifted with many privileges. They were free from most work, but women were expected to keep the village so to speak, this meant hard work! When we look at this fine art work we do see how hard that women did work. The status that artist had was the greatest blessing that a young person could ask for.

For a look at the work of contemporary women in art, I would recommend an exhibition that is about to open at LACMA, in the Resnick Pavilion, In Wonderland: The Surrealist Adventures of Women Artist in Mexico and the United States. When you are in Los Angeles The County Museum Of Art is a wonderful place to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment