Friday, October 29, 2010

Are you having trouble trying to visualize the illustrations exhibited on this site? While some are simple and direct others are more complicated and thus more difficult. I myself have to look many times to see some of the designs. Once again we should take note that the most recent of these works would probably be 250 years old, and most are older than that. Also the harsh exposure to weathering has made many difficult to recognize. Indeed I have learned to print proofs in one session and evaluate at a later time, to give my eyes time to rest and refocus. I would also add that vigorous exercise before study, and even during study periods is a secret for success! Visual literacy is developed it is cultivated, it grows with exposure to art works.

At any rate here are several more prints to view. See what you might make of them. At sometime in the future I hope to exhibit all of the prints in public exhibitions, there are many to study and enjoy.

There are also a large number of Effigy Stones in the collection, these of course have to be photographed, and will then be displayed as photographic illustrations. Small stone effigies were a delight of America's early inhabitants, humans, birds,rabbits,rats ,monkeys, dogs, cats and so on. So we will continue for some time to come! I have noticed that you can access the earlier post that have been made, see the right side bar. So that is all for this post, Thank You for taking the time to visit me here at The Collection Of Indigenous American Art.





No comments:

Post a Comment