Thursday, September 8, 2011

"Respect for all Indigenous People"





Hello! Hope that you are ready for another blog post. I did some printing over the long weekend and let me say that I hope you enjoyed your Labor Day holiday. I would like to point out that this blog is under development. I work from week to week, the photographs and graphic prints are as new as the illustrations in a local news paper. The plates and effigy sculptures are several hundred hundred years old, but the printing work is weekly.

Much of the art work and tradition of the American Indians has been lost. This fact makes it difficult to understand many of the examples that we do have. One thing is for certain, they had a well developed work ethic and an eye for beauty. I believe that the exhibition of these works will furnish motivated individuals with subjects to ponder, and that their thoughts will lead to a greater search and respect for all indigenous peoples.

No comments:

Post a Comment