Thursday, September 1, 2011

A window into the past...





A window into the past...

Hi! Welcome to this weeks blog post here at The Collection of Indigenous American Art. First I would like to point out that I started This blog about a year ago this month. I wanted to give you a view into the developing archive. Recently we added photographs of the effigy stone collection. I would like to point out that the works that you see here have never been shown before. I never fail to be astounded when I work with this project. The quality of the work is in many cases magnificent.

There are two photos this week, the first is a large bird effigy which bears some engraving on its surface. This stone is primitive as is the second specimen. The second is a human face. This sculpture probably had set stone eyes at some time in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment