Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Matting and Framing ...






Welcome to another post here at The Collection of Indigenous American Art. Some viewers have ask me to make the prints larger here on the blog page. I have no problem with that, so in the feature I will go to a larger format. I think that they do look very nice in 8 x 10 or even 11 x 14. This is especially true if you are matting and framing for display. The larger the image is made, the more distance should be allowed for observation. If for instance you are in a confined space like a small room or office, a smaller work will view better than a larger print. A 4 x 6 would probably be about right. If the image is enlarged to say 11 x 14, then 12 to 15 feet would be about the minimum distance. I would like to see a group printed on stretched canvas. I do by all means think that they do make beautiful wall art and as I have said in the past, they are compatible with contemporary abstract art.

No comments:

Post a Comment