Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The study of art forms...





I would like to explain in this weeks post that my college degree is in Art Education. I am a graphic artist, not an Anthropologist or an Archeologist. My interest in the art work of the indigenous American peoples is purely a product of having been exposed to primitive art forms in my childhood. Throughout my life I have enjoyed the study of the great societies that preceded “Our America the Beautiful”. Today many graphic artist are studding the history of early artist to gain in-site into what art actually is. The study of art forms is central to both Anthropology and Archeology. In many cases written languages have evolved from drawings and symbols created by artist. This blog publishes information about the origin of customs and language. In addition to this we are looking at the source of printing technology! I hope that you find these pages interesting and informative and that you will return to view each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment