Wednesday, November 2, 2011

You are the Judge!







A friend of mine once told me that with respect to collecting things “It was knowing what to keep” and likewise “what to through away!” Then another friend added “but,with respect to rare art work, keep everything and allow many other people to do the judging as well.” Both of these individuals were correct in my way of thinking. When I began posting this blog I knew that I had found the proper place for the exhibitions. Now each week I could show you the best stones of the week! I do think that all artifacts should be protected but, if we keep worthless junk there isn't room for the really good work. Computer science is making it possible to share and learn at the same time. Many thousands of examples can be stored for review at any time. As I have said in the past you are welcome to make your own files here. It is my hope that this attitude will be shared as well and that we can further the study of Anthropology and Art History in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment